Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Halloween

I love Halloween. If it were a national holiday it would rank right behind Thanksgiving, and just in front of Christmas. It is the one weekend of the year where I get to unleash my creativity without fear of repercussions. It is a time when I can choose to be hilarious one night, make a statement the next, and make girls fall in love with my creativity at the same time.

Some people think Halloween is just an excuse for girls to dress like whores, children to eat too many sweets, and teenage boys to vandalize the neighborhood. I say it's an opportunity of expression. When the whole world pressures us to be something we are not, Halloween provides us with one weekend out of the year to give society the finger and let our suppressed personalities flow freely.

This is not to say I condone all activities that go on during this time of year. It is true that I have been known to partake in a little mischief in my younger days, but deliberately damaging the property of others goes beyond mischief. That is just being a little prick. I also do not believe girls 13 years old should be prancing around in belly shirts and navel rings. At the same time I believe young women ages 18-35 are well within their rights to dress as provocatively as possible. In fact, I encourage it.

No comments:

Post a Comment